Sunday, December 09, 2012

A day out in Lahore

Posted by Abstraction Personified

21st june 2012, 1:53 am
From 341 to 343!
So im sitting in a room numbered 343, Al-Haram Hostels, Lahore!
Yes u got that right. LAHORE. *makes the pukey face*
What am i doing here?
Well i came to Lahore for an internship which I expected to be fun. But it didn't turn out that way.
I had always spent my life listening Lahore never sleeps, Lahore is the most fun place EVERRR, the life in Islamabad is so boring, one should ALWAYS choose to live in Lahore. All crap, I tell you. All crap.
All these things did bring me to Lahore. But it didn't have its "woo-ing" effect on me like it has on countless other people. The city has, so far, been a complete disappointment for me. The "MM ALAM ROAD" which I expected would be a "double-carpeted-metal road with shopping plazas and food places on both the sides" was a completely pathetic and bumpy road. The good part about it was the branded shops occasionally seen by its side (which of course were of no use to me then). Another good thing about MM ALAM was what it was famous for (at least what I knew from my "few, snob" friends from Lahore). The food places at both the sides of the road. Well. But they all of them offer the same kind of food. The atmosphere of the cafes was no different from that of Islamabad's cafeterias. We visited 3 cafes in a day. Had a-lot of chocolate. So much that i felt i had a chocolate over dose.

Khair, that's that about the day.
I wonder when would baba turn up. I'm tired of him delaying his arrival. And I'm also tired of asking him to come sooner again and again and again and again.
I hope he comes soon. Really looking forward to it.

(Published late, like VERY late)

0 comments: