Saturday, February 09, 2013

Oh mother!!

Posted by Abstraction Personified

CAUTION: Do not proceed if you have a good taste of poetry, or are of weak heart. As I clearly have slayed all the rules of subtle poetry which your frail heart might not be able to endure, I believe it is my grave responsibility to warn you again to stop reading this very instant. 

If you still wish to read further, well... very well then, God bless your soul for reading this. Do not curse me later for having you read the worst piece of poetry in the entire history of literature. 

And also, please remember to keep your "able" judgement and criticism to yourself because I don't give a damn about what you think about this specific piece of writing. I wrote it for my mother. She, and only she, becomes the judge and critic (that is, if she ever reads this). 

Oh, and thank you for being so patient and still reading this after so many warnings. :)


*Ahem*

So here it goes.


Oh mother! What should I tell you? 
Oh, how should I say?
Oh mother! What should I remember, if not your grieving eyes, searching my face, having to send me away?
Oh, how that breaks me a million inside!!
Oh mother! Tomorrow I shall be gone from your protective embrace and sight.
Oh, however shall I happen to survive?!
Oh mother! Just the thought of leaving you behind... waiting for even a shadow of me..
Oh, how that image of you pains the very heart of mine!!
Oh mother! Forgive me, for I have been a terrible daughter?!
Oh, how I wish I could somehow turn back the time?


P.S. Too bad, no?
Let me find some water in which I can/should drown. :/

1 comment: